Monday 7 May 2018

WELCOME!

Welcome! I have started a whole new blog.. it's been a while. A lot of changes in 2018. I'm hoping this will be a big year for me creatively, so lets see what things I plan on doing.

I've temporarily left Facebook for starters. I was getting drawn into some nasty stuff on there and just spending way too much time on Facebook and not enough time doing the things I enjoy. So it was time to give it the axe, take a break. I will be signing back on in future, but probably once I have some of my ducks in a row and get my studio office space to where I want it.

Right now I'm kind of at a crossroads creatively in my life. Music and photography are major parts of my creative life. I generally got a lot going on however, I have a young family I love spending time with, I play Star Wars minatures games, and I love to create. This leads to a problem, I am finding it harder and harder to find the time to collaborate with other creatives to create some stunning work. It just isn't fair to others to setup a band and not have the time to dedicate to weekly practices. Then with photography my delivery times on creative work keeps on getting longer and longer, which is also unfair.

So now I'm taking a different turn on things.

First off, lets explain the photography thing. I'm going to be focusing more on street and still life in 2018. In the past I've typically shot a lot of portrait work from fine art nudes to creative fashion and worked some weddings and maternity photo sessions. I'll still offer professional services in the future, but right now I am taking a step back. I do have a few photography concepts I really want to execute, and will be putting the plans in motion for these.

Expect some images to be posted of various events I'll visit, some street shooting, maybe some land and cityscapes. The beautiful thing about this style of photography is that I do not need to worry about the pressure of getting stuff turned around to my clients or fellow creatives quickly.

Then there is the music. The music is something I've been meaning to get back into for a while. Like I said, I don't got the ambition to get a band going again. I will probably get some musicians to join me if/when I decide to take the show onto a stage, but that is a far way out. Right now, I'm doing everything solo.

I'll walk through it all in another blog post, but I've started writing my first new song in 5 years. It is very basic so far, but I'm really enjoying getting some stuff down. And my fingers are bleeding! I need to change some strings... bad.

My goal is to put a 6-8 song album together by the end of the year. I'll need to get my vocal chops back up, get my guitar playing back to where it was 5 years ago (and better) and write some of my best stuff yet.

So thanks for stopping by! We will see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment