Monday 7 May 2018

Music - who I'm listening to now / Mary Spender

I plan on doing these short blasts recognizing other artists out there from YouTube personalities to major artists.

The first person I'm going to mention here is Mary Spender. This lady has an amazing YouTube channel highlighting her work and a video blog. She is gear crazy! and I love that as I am a bit gear crazy myself. (sadly sold a lot of my stuff a few years back). But this girl rips!


Here is a live session of one of her own songs. Her vocal chops are on point, and she just slays that guitar. I actually love this song and have had it on repeat for a few days now. But... you gotta check this out:


This is a wicked collaboration between Leo of Frog Leap studios and Mary Spender. Leo is pretty entertaining and has his own YouTube channel full of well done metal covers. But this Sultans of Swing is up there and is currently in my playlist.



This is really cool and a great watch, especially from the creative process side. I really enjoyed this one and will be doing the challenge myself once I get oriented with my office setup. The idea behind this is to form a song from scratch, and aside from final mix, write and lay down the tracks for a full tune in 60 minutes. It really isn't a long time, but she shows her prowess as a musician and creative by laying down a smooth bluesy tune with some cheeky lyrics. 

Check out Mary Spender, you can waste hours on her channel, and I highly recommend you do!


No comments:

Post a Comment