Tuesday 8 May 2018

Photography - Inspiration - light tube project

My inspiration image
I've got mad respect for KT Tunstall. She is a an insanely good vocalist and singer songwriter. She has done some wicked live looping versions of her songs which really made me a fan. But it is her video of "Fade like a Shadow" that got me going.

This video has multiple scenes like the one pictured here where it's just rods of light illuminating the set. I love this look and have wanted to incorporate it into a project in the future.

The problem is finding a cost effective do it yourself solution to create the same feel. I'm pretty sure they used a bunch of florescent light tubes for this set and suspended them from the ceiling. That will get pretty expensive fairly quickly if I do it the same way... So I'm trying to figure out other ways to do this.

I can get these tube guards for fairly cheap. but I need a way to illuminate them. which I haven't exactly figured out yet... And not just illuminate them, but have enough light that they are glowing like in the screen cap above...

I really want to keep this under $100 for supplies... mostly because the model and studio space I want to use for this shoot will cost me between $200-300 already and spending $400-500 for this is going to be a little insane and hard to swallow.

I'll post more of this project as it evolves....

No comments:

Post a Comment